Sinton Hotel - Cincinnati Ohio
This remarkable photograph captures Cincinnati’s beautiful Sinton Hotel shortly after opening its doors at the corner of 4th and Vine in 1905. This site was formerly occupied by the legendary Pikes Opera House which burned a few years earlier and had stood for many decades. Today one of the PNC towers stands on this corner. The Sinton opened at a transitional time in our history with regard to transportation. Please note the presence of both horse and carriages along with early automobiles or 'horseless carriages' as they were known at the time.
Photo: LOC Archive
When ordering, choose the Black and White paper option for best tonal representation.